If you have been watching the news and following along with social media you are well aware that there is a lot going on in America.
Many Americans are coping with the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic mentally, physically, financially and emotionally. However, many Black Americans are facing those issues on top of racial injustice, police brutality and systemic racism that has affected the black community, MY community for hundreds of years.
I have compiled a list of ways that everyone can contribute to the #BlackLivesMatter movement and dismantle white supremacy. There’s so many ways to help. Spread awareness and share helpful information verbally or virtually. Sign petitions. Donate to bail funds. Protest. Educate yourself.
I’ll continue to update this post as I come across more resources.
Links to various petitions you can sign
- Donate to BLM: https://secure.actblue.com/donate/ms_blm_homepage_2019
- Donate to bail funds in various cities: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1X4-YS3vFn5CLL9QtJSU0xqmTh_h8XilXgOqGAjZISBI/preview?fbclid=IwAR2trHe9Uh9WA6R1l_KagmyNVnpG0m157YKe9gwWFesRwOoHUlr6GKhlFxQ&pru=AAABcopMPQU*K_puEnU-cBUGKdR1iGi4tA
- Donate with no money: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCgLa25fDHM&feature=youtu.be
- Donate by streaming playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtooIklzheqzORPbQBiEZKsw2T4s6SUxv&app=desktop
- Donate to mutual aid funds: https://mutualaid.carrd.co/
- Donate to black businesses: https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/#business
Resources for protestors